Explore by City ….
Popular Destinations in Europe
- Poland: 2 of the most popular things to see and do in Poland are visiting Salt Mine in Wieliczka and the historic site of Auschwitz.
- Czech Republic: Czech Republic has over 2,000 castles and chateaus. Prague castle is one of the most famous castles in Czech Republic.
- Hungary: Hungary is known for it’s Hot Springs and Thermal Spas. Széchenyi Baths and Pool is the most popular and located in Budapest.
- Croatia: Croatia is known for it’s role in Game of Thrones in Dubrovnik as well as Plitvice Lakes National Park; a forested area with lakes and waterfalls.
- Romania: Romania is famously known for the legend of Dracula. Visit Dracula’s Castle in Transylvania: Bran Castle.
- England: The Tower of London and Big Ben are 2 of the biggest attractions in England. Or head out on a day trip to Stonehenge.
- Scotland: Visiting Edinburgh Castle, Loch Ness or the Isle of Skye are a few of the most popular places to visit in Scotland.
- Iceland: Iceland is known for it’s out-worldly landscapes and scenery, northern Lights, the popular Blue Lagoon, volcanoes, glaciers, and waterfalls.
- Ireland: Head to an Irish pub and enjoy a cold Guinness or take a day trip to see Cliffs of Moher.
- Sweden: Sweden is best known for it’s incredible views and freezing winters and of course IKEA style Swedish meatballs!
- Norway: Take a cruise along Norway’s famous Fjords or hike up to the popular Stavanger or Pulpit Rock.
- Greece: From Santorini to Mykonos and Athens, Greece is known for stunning landscapes and relaxing beaches and Greek mythology.
- Italy: Head to Rome to check out the Colosseum, Venice for travelling around via water canals or Naples to gorge yourself on the worlds best pizza!
- Portugal: Lisbon and Porto are 2 of the most popular cities to visit in Portugal. Algarve is known for the best beaches in Portugal.
- Spain: From afternoon Siestas to running with the bulls, Spain has it all. La Sagrada Familia is a must see in Barcelona.
- Austria: Follow along with the Sound of Music in Salzburg, enjoy the Opera in Vienna or ski in the Austrian Alps.
- Belgium: Stuff your face with Belgium waffles, beer and chocolates. Check out the shopping in Brussels, canals in Bruges or the incredible food in Antwerp.
- France: Climb the Eiffel Tower, visit the Mona Lisa at the Louvre or head to Bordeaux for France’s best wine.
- Germany: Join 7 Million others for Oktoberfest in October or the beautiful Christmas markets throughout Germany in December. My personal favourite place to visit is Neuschwanstein Castle in Fussen.
- Netherlands: Visit one of the many “coffee” house in Amsterdam’s red light district or take a trip to Keukenhof Tulip Gardens from mid April to the start of May.
- Switzerland: Switzerland is known for skiing, watches and delicious chocolates. Zermatt is the base for the famous Matterhorn peak.
10 of the Most Popular European articles
- 48 Hours in Iceland – A 2 Day Itinerary
- 10 of the Best things to do in Switzerland in the summer
- 23 Things to do in Annecy and the Surrounding Areas
- Weird, Unusual and Unique Things to do in Rome for First Time Travellers (Plus a Few Classics)
- Is a Day Trip from London to Paris via the Eurostar Train worth it?
- The Only Honeymoon Guide to Amalfi Coast You’ll Ever Need!
- 3 Day Itinerary for Bristol and Bath – 2 Cities 1 Trip
- Why you have to Visit the Lapland in Norway
- 13 Adventurous Things to Do in Mykonos
- Northern Lights Tips for Rovaniemi
Best Where To Stay In Europe Guides
Europe is made up of approx 50 different countries; which includes: