Welcome to Travelling King
Travel – Eat – Work Out – Be Awesome
I’m Samantha (Sam) and I’ve been travelling since I was a little girl and I am not the typical travel blogger! I didn’t wake up one day having caught the “travel bug” (it has always been in my blood), start blogging and quit my job.
For a long time, I had a full time job working in finance, with a mortgage, bills and responsibilities but still had a huge passion for travel and helping others. In 2017 I was made redundant from my bank job and decided to give my blog 6 months to make it into my dream career. Needless to say It went really well and I became the somewhat cliche travel blogger.
The COVID-19 hit and of course the travel industry took a massive blow, travel died off and I had to go back to “working for the man”, working in an office and then mining. Now I’m back to blogging full time as well as studying a Diploma in Counselling – I love to help people! I also run a small food blog called Sam Cooks Recipes, because I cook things and, love to share my favourite recipes from around the world.
Travelling King is written for the part time or casual traveller and how to travel in luxury without breaking the bank (or taking out a loan!). I write for the every day person who only gets 2-4 weeks off work a year. Travelling King aims to help you make the most of your time off while getting the best bang for your buck!
My personal aim is to give detailed accounts of my travels in order to help you (the reader) plan your travels. I will provide tips, suggestions and guides where I can. At the end of the day, I want this to be about YOU the reader not me the traveler.
As life evolves so does this blog, Travelling King is no longer just about travel. We will be covering topics that will still swing back and relate to travel such as foods guides, finance and budget suggestions, exercise while travelling and so much more.
A few quick silly facts about me!
- I used to shut my feet and hands in doors as a kid; apparently I haven’t grown out of it as I recently slammed my foot in the door and had a large nasty bruise for weeks…
- Salt and vinegar chips are my life! (and red wine of course!)
- I love everything Pink, which is strange because I used to hate everything colourful! Although I still prefer to live out my goth days and continue to wear black.
- I was born in Bulawayo Zimbabwe and moved to Adelaide Australia when I was 11 years old. I don’t speak a different language or have an accent, although I wish I did because everyone always says “say a word in Zimbabwean”… which firstly it’s actually called “Ndebele” pronounced as “In-da-bell-e” and secondly I can say one word: “In-ja” it means dog, not many people are that impressed, but I can’t say I blame them.
- I love swimming and generally being in the water! In saying that I’m terrified of the ocean, well not the ocean itself but I am convinced if I go into the sea, deeper than my knees, sharks will attack me and I refuse to be eaten alive. This fear is probably given from living in Australia where we have a lot of sharks.
- I’m a bit of a princess (understatement!); I love luxury travel and expensive champagne. I prefer comfort and luxury hotels over backpacking and hostels.
How to use Travelling King
I have tried my best to make Travelling King super easy to use. At the top of the page is the Destinations tab, where countries are broken up into their own section and cities within those countries are broken up, for example: the Thailand page, has a section of information about Thailand and then it is broken down into the regions in Thailand and links to helpful articles. This was it keeps everything as centralized and easy for you to follow as possible.
To find out about partnering or advertising opportunities:
Head to Partner With Us