This island nation somehow manages to live up to its infamous reputation. Most travelers underestimate the size of Australia, as it’s over 4,300 kilometers across. From iconic sights like Bondi Beach, the Great Barrier Reef, and the Sydney Opera House to the Australian Outback and cultural sites like Uluru, you simply can’t “do” Australia in one or two weeks. It takes multiple trips to appreciate the enormity and diversity of the Land Down Under.
QUICK AUSTRALIAN FACTS
Currency: Australia Dollars can be withdrawn from ATMs throughout Australia, however keep in mind that smaller country towns may not have access to ATMs and its recommended to withdraw cash and take it with you. Generally most companies access credit and debit cards.
Power Points: Most power points are 2 diagonal prongs. Obviously I would recommend you take a Travel Adapter especially for non Australians.
Official Language: The official language of the Australia is Australian… Kidding! Australians speak English.
Health: There are no major health concerns in Australia for travellers however I would recommend that you contact your doctor a few weeks before you travel as in some cases you need to start any medication a few days before your trip or you may need to get a vaccination. The tap water is perfectly safe to drink unless otherwise signed.
Articles on Australia
Looking for a particular destination, see below otherwise you can go to Australia Travel Guide to view current posts
- 3 of our Favourite Road Trips around Australia
- Five Greatest Aussie Road Trips
- 12 Unbeatable Tips for Cheap Travel in Australia
- 27 of the Top Beaches in Australia – The Land of Sun, Surf and Fun!
- 17 of the Best Instagram photos in Australia & who to follow
- Best Ski Resorts in Australia
- 23 Reasons Why Australia Is Worth The Long Ass Flight
- 14 Crazy Reasons why I LOVE Sydney so much!
- 7 Fun Things to do in Port Stephens Australia
- A Review of the Qt Hotel Sydney
- A View from up High at Sydney Tower Eye
- Explore Sydney In Just 5 Days
- Fast facts about the Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Hanging around at the Taronga Zoo Sydney
- Review of Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
- Spend a day under the Sea at The Sydney Aquarium
- The Preparation of my first Sydney BridgeClimb Part 1
- Summiting the Sydney Harbour Bridge with BridgeClimb – Part 2
- Which Bridgeclimb should I do with on Sydney Harbour Bridge?
- The Best way to see Sydney Harbour with Oz Jet Boating
- Where to stay in Sydney and the surrounding areas
- Free Things to Do in Sydney
- 48 Hours in Sydney – A 2 Day Itinerary
- The Ultimate Guide to Visiting Sydney
- The Best Day Trips from Sydney
- Luxury Travel Guide to Sydney
- 10 touristy things to see and do in Melbourne
- A hotel review of Art Series The Blackman Hotel – Melbourne
- Best Route to take on the Great Ocean Road
- Eureka A safe way to get High Melbourne Skydeck
- Otway Fly Treetop Adventures
- Our Top 10 things to see and do on the Great Ocean Road (mostly free!)
- Relax and unwind at the glamorous Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort Spa in the Yarra Valley Australia
- The 12 Apostles are they really worth a visit?
- The Great Ocean road from a Drivers Perspective
- The Otway Fly Tree Top Walk
- Zip Lining through the Otway Rainforest
- Looking for Family activities in Melbourne? Check out this site
- Where to Stay in Melbourne – Australian Travel Guide
- All the hippest and hottest places to eat in Canberra
- Comprehensive weekend guide to Canberra – What to see and do, Where to go and Where to stay?
- Top 5 things to do in Adelaide
- Top 10 Places to Visit in South Australia
- 4 day Itinerary for the Flinders Ranges South Australian Outback
- Moralana Scenic Drive
- The Incident with the Emu
- Hot Air Ballooning in the Flinders (PHOTO BLOG) Part 1
- Hot Air Ballooning in the Flinders (PHOTO BLOG) Part 2
- Hot Air Ballooning in the Flinders (PHOTO BLOG) Part 3
- Having Lunch with a Yellow-footed rock-wallaby
- Wilpena Pound Resort
- Willow Springs – Skytrek 4wd track (the new one)
- Flinders Ranges – What we forgot or would have changed
- Top 5 things to do in the Flinders Ranges
- Where to stay in Adelaide
- Eat your way around Western Australia
- Our Experience of the Swan Valley Region in Perth
- Plan a Ningaloo Reef Holiday this autumn or winter and Swim with Whale Sharks
- Where to stay in Perth
- The Palazzo Versace A Review of the World’s First Fully Fashion Branded Hotel
- 9 Things to do at Palazzo Versace on the Gold Coast
- 2 day itinerary to Magnetic Island Queensland
- Get to Magnetic Island before the crowds discover this Tropical Paradise
- Hotel Review Spicers Balfour Boutique Hotel in Brisbane
- Peppers Blue On Blue Hotel Magnetic Island Hotel Review
- Where to stay in the Gold Coast
- Rumba Beach Resort Caloundra – Hotel review
- Where to stay in Caloundra