After a tumultuous history as part of Yugoslavia, Croatia has emerged as one of the most popular Mediterranean countries in Europe. Croatia has nearly 1,800 kilometers of coastline along the Adriatic Sea, with over 1,000 islands adding to that number. Of course, beaches are a huge part of Croatia tourism, but there are also beautiful mountain ranges inland, as well as the capital city of Zagreb.
QUICK CROATIA FACTS
Currency: Croatian Kuna can be withdrawn from ATMs throughout Croatia, however keep in mind that smaller cities or towns may not have access to ATMs and its recommended to withdraw cash and take it with you.
Power Points: Most power points are the same as most other European power points (2 circular prongs). Obviously I would recommend you take a Travel Adapter especially for non Europeans.
Official Language: The official language of Croatia is Croatian.
Health: The only health concerns in Croatia for travellers is risk of Lyme disease and tick-borne encephalitis in forests. I would recommend that you contact your doctor a few weeks before you travel as in some cases you need to start any medication a few days before your trip or you may need to get a vaccination. The tap water is generally safe to drink.
Articles on Croatia
Looking for a particular destination, see below otherwise you can go to Croatia Travel Guide to view current posts
- Exploring Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia
- Quick Guide to Istria – Croatia
- 8 Day Itinerary for Croatia with Traverse Journeys!
- 16 of the Coolest Things to Do in Zagreb
- Best Day trips from Zagreb
- Where to Stay in Zagreb
- Budget Travel Guide for Zagreb
- 18 Impressive Things to do in Dubrovnik – Croatia Travel Guide
- Where to stay in Dubrovnik
- Budget Travel Guide to Dubrovnik
- Day trips from Dubrovnik
- Luxury Travel Guide to Dubrovnik
- The Ultimate Travel Guide to Hvar
- Where to stay in Hvar
- 15 Things to do in Hvar – That People Actually Do!
- Luxury Travel Guide to Hvar
- Ultimate Travel Guide to Split
- Where to stay in Split
- 15 Things to do in Split – That People Actually Do!
- Where to stay in Zadar
- 14 Things to do in Zadar – That People Actually Do!
- The Ultimate Travel Guide to Zadar