Explore by City ….
Popular Destinations in Asia
- China: China is best known for travellers wanting to visit the Great Wall of China or the Terracotta Warriors. Beijing and Shanghai are the 2 most popular Chinese destinations. China has be fairly smoggy due tot he amount of factories, which can irritate some people’s lungs.
- Japan: From Mount Fuji to cherry blossoms and all you can eat sushi, Japan has it all. Enjoy a tea ceremonies, or take a calligraphy class. Tokyo is the most popular destination in Japan for tourists or head to Kyoto to take in the Arashiyama Bamboo Forest.
- South Korea: Famous South Korean attractions include K-pop, tasty Korean cuisine, historic temples, and exciting festivals.
- Hong Kong: Hong Kong is a Special administrative region of China (it’s not a part of china but not it’s own country). People generally head to Hong Kong for the incredible food and of course Hong Kong Disneyland.
- Armenia: Armenia is best known for its scenery, delicious food and history. Khor Virap is a known Monastery, which is a pilgrimage site near Mount Ararat.
- Cyprus: Cyprus draws visitors because of its unique history and culture, yummy Mediterranean food, magnificent mountains, and lush landscape. Ayia Napa, Larnaca, and Paphos are three of the towns in Cyprus that people travel to the most commonly. Cyprus, where Commandaria, a sweet dessert wine, is produced, is one of the oldest wine-producing nations in the world.
- Lebanon: Lebanon is home to historic churches and mosques, well-preserved castles, limestone caves, old Roman ruins, and stunning beaches along the Mediterranean Sea. It is particularly tourist-friendly due to the outstanding Lebanese cuisine, uninterrupted nightlife and discothèques, and mountainous ski resorts.
South East Asia:
- Myanmar: South-east Asia’s largest nation is Myanmar. The nation is known as the “Golden Land” because it is home to numerous exquisite golden temples, including the Shwedagon Pagoda. Myanmar is really lovely since it has a lot of beaches and Buddhist temples. Hot ballooning is a favourite tourist activity in Myanmar.
- Cambodia: The enormous stone temple complex known as Angkor Wat is very popular with tourists. Cambodia is renowned for its lovely beaches, lush forests, delicious food, and charming capital city of Phnom Penh.
- Indonesia: Bali in particular is very popular with Aussies, as its less than a 6 hour flight from most Australian cities. In addition to beaches and deep oceans, Indonesia also has tropical woods, mountains, and other natural wonders. Discover stunning beaches in places like Bali, Lombok, Nusa Dua, and the serene Gili Islands.
- Malaysia: Malaysia has a little something for everyone from cultural destinations such as Batu Caves outside of Kuala Lumpur. The incredible foodie scene in Bukit Bintang Kuala Lumpur. Relaxing beaches in Langkawi and Sabah or the Danum Valley rainforest!
- The Philippines: The Philippines is a tourist hotspot because it’s not only super cheap to travel in but the scenery is almost untouched, compared to other tourist destinations. The Philippines is an archipelago comprising 7,100 islands so there is no shortage of island hopping or diving opportunities.
- Singapore: Singapore has a vibrant skyline and pristine streets. You will be pleasantly surprised by the city famed for its strict laws, which has chic, modern eateries scattered throughout it as well as a thriving, trendy fashion industry. Universal Studios Singapore, Singapore Flyer, Gardens By The Bay, S.E.A. Aquarium, Sentosa Island, Sentosa Merlion Tower, and Trick Eye Museum are a few of the well-liked attractions in Singapore.
- Thailand: Thailand is super popular with tourists needing to enjoy a beach get away in places such as Phuket or Koh Samui; these are also honeymoon hotspots for newlyweds. These island destinations are well known for their cheap market shopping and massages! Bangkok is popular with tourists and business travellers. Here you can visit the Wat Pho Temple with an enormous reclining Buddha.
- Vietnam: Much like Thailand and the Philippines, Vietnam is really cheap to travel in and around. Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City are where most tourists head to. Ha Long Bay is made up of thousands of towering limestone islands topped by rainforests within emerald waters.
- India: A lot of people travel to India for the the Taj Mahal and of course delicious Indian curries. India is one of the most culturally diverse country with various religions, languages, food, traditions. Mumbai is where most people base themselves or if you want a relaxing beach holiday, head to Goa.
- Sri Lanka: People often think that Sri Lanka and India are the same place but Sri Lanka is infact it’s own country. Sri Lanka is enticing due to its never-ending beaches, timeless ruins, kind locals, abundance of elephants, roaring surf, affordable pricing, entertaining trains, wealth of ancient Buddhist and Hindu architecture, renowned tea, and delicious cuisine.
- Maldives: The Maldives is mostly popular with honeymooners, enjoying clear emerald waters, beautiful beaches and high end overwater bungalows. It’s possible to backpack or travel to the Maldives on a budget but it is more of a luxury destination.
10 of the Most Popular Asian articles
- A few common Scams in Thailand to Avoid
- 48 Hours in Phuket – 2 Day Itinerary
- Is it Safe to get a Tattoo in Bali?
- Most Affordable Private Pool Villas In Bali
- The Only Honeymoon Guide to Krabi You’ll Ever Need!
- 5 day Itinerary for Japan
- A Guide to the Top Rooftop Bars and Hottest Restaurants in Bangkok
- The Best Diving Spots in Cambodia
- Our top 10 hot tips on how to barter your way to the best price in Thailand
- Bali vs Thailand: Which Should be your Next Travel Destination?
Best Where To Stay In Asia Guides
South East Asia:
Asia is made up of approx 48 different countries; which includes: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste (East Timor), Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, and Yemen.