After France, Spain is the second-most visited country in Europe. Spanish culture is laid-back and fun, with daily siestas and annual celebrations that fill up the calendar. Whether it’s running with the bulls in Pamplona, or the Carnival of Cadiz, Spanish people love to party! Spanish cuisine is also famous, with tapas and paella topping the list, as well as sangria and Spanish wine to wash it all down.
QUICK SPAIN FACTS
Currency: Spain uses the currency is the Euro, which can be withdrawn from ATMs throughout Spain, however keep in mind that smaller cities or towns may not have access to ATMs and its recommended to withdraw cash and take it with you.
Power Points: Most power points are the same as most other European power points (2 circular prongs). Obviously I would recommend you take a Travel Adapter especially for non Europeans.
Official Language: The official language of Spain is Spanish.
Health: There are no major health concerns in Spain for travellers however I would recommend that you contact your doctor a few weeks before you travel as in some cases you need to start any medication a few days before your trip or you may need to get a vaccination. The tap water is generally safe to drink.
Unsure about travelling during COVID? Check out the COVID travel requirements and restrictions for Spain.
Articles on Spain
Looking for a particular destination, see below otherwise you can go to Spain Travel Guide to view current posts
- 5 of the Most Beautiful Sightseeing Spots in Barcelona
- Where to stay in Barcelona
- Budget Travel Guide for Barcelona
- Best Day trips from Barcelona
- 11 of the Best Beaches in Barcelona
- Must do things in Menorca
- An Exclusive Island: Exploring Menorca
- Where to stay in Menorca
- Ultimate Travel Guide to Menorca
- 17 Popular Things to do in Madrid
- Where to Stay in Madrid
- 48 hours in Madrid – 2 Day Itinerary
- Foodie guide to Madrid
- Guide to Madrid with Kids
- Luxury Travel Guide to Madrid
- Where to stay in Marbella
- Luxury Travel Guide to Marbella
- 23 Things to do in Marbella – That People Actually Do!