At the heart of Spain’s Costa del Sol lies the resort destination of Marbella. With dramatic mountain peaks against a backdrop of the Mediterranean Sea, it’s no wonder that world travellers flock to Marbella for rest and relaxation.
The cuisine is fantastic, the weather is good year-round and there is a nice mix of history, culture, and nightlife.
With so many hotels, hostels and villas in Marbella, it can be hard to decide where to stay in Marbella. We’ve put together this guide to help you find the best area of Marbella, along with the best hotels in Marbella for every budget and travel style.
We will cover off all types of Marbella accommodation options from Hostels to luxury Marbella hotels as well as how to decide where to stay in Marbella Spain 2024.
This guide shows the best Marbella hotels, best places in Marbella to visit, the best places to stay in Marbella, hotels near Marbella attractions, Marbella neighborhood guide and many more.
Below are 7 of the best places to stay in Marbella Spain to help you make the right decision when trying to work out best areas to stay in Marbella for you. We have tried to make the guide as easy to follow as possible.
We have also included some things to do or places to visit as well as some eatery suggestions of either our favourite places or some funky places to eat at within the areas in Marbella so you can use this as a go to guide to pick the best accommodation in Marbella for you.
Plan your trip?
Avoid hidden fees in the exchange rate while withdrawing from millions of ATMs abroad, paying in restaurants and shops, and buying your accommodation and flights using the Wise Card. You can hold up to 40+ currencies at once to spend in in over 150 countries, and convert them in real time with the free Wise app.
Need help planning your trip from start to finish? Check out these helpful links:
- Cheap flights
- Savings on accommodation from hostels to luxury hotels
- Affordable car rental options
- Affordable sightseeing tours and day trips
- Travel Adapter – All in one so you don’t have to carry a bunch around
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Old Town – Where to stay in Marbella on a budget
Many visitors come to Marbella and miss the Old Town altogether. It’s not far from the city center and has a lot of history to explore.
Narrow cobblestone streets lead you to boutiques, vintage stores, cafes, and Spanish restaurants. Orange Square Marbella is the hub of Old Town, where you can grab a coffee at a sidewalk cafe and enjoy the Spanish atmosphere under a grove of orange trees.
Old Town happens to be a very budget-friendly neighborhood, with affordable tapas bars and a range of accommodation options.
Best places to stay in Old Town Marbella
Cheapest Backpacking Hostels in Old Town Marbella
Budget accommodation in Old Town Marbella
Mid range accommodation in Old Town Marbella
- Hotel Lima – Adults Recommended
- Amàre Beach Hotel Marbella – Adults Only Recommended
- Dreams of Marbella
- Genteel Home Tetuan Marbella
Family Friendly accommodation in Old Town Marbella
- Linda Boutique Hotel
- Hotel Monarque El Rodeo
- Vientos de Marbella – EaW Homes
- Marbella Beach and Sea view apartment
Affordable Luxury accommodation in Old Town Marbella
Downtown – Where to stay in Marbella for tourists
Closer to the waterfront, you’ll find the city center of Marbella. Just a few minutes’ walk from Old Town, this area is bustling in comparison.
Downtown Marbella is the best area for tourists who are visiting for a short time and want to experience all the sights of Marbella.
If you love to shop, you’ll find everything from high street shops to eclectic boutiques, and there are loads of restaurants and cafes to choose from.
Downtown Marbella even has its own beach at Playa Fontanilla. When it’s time to choose a Marbella hotel, there are tons of options as this area has the highest concentration of hotels.
Best places to stay in Downtown Marbella
Budget accommodation in Downtown Marbella
- El Tio Mateo
- Hotel Kuve Marbella
- Acogedor Apartamento cerca de la playa
- OleHolidays Marbella del Mar Primera linea playa
Mid range accommodation in Downtown Marbella
- Marbella del Mar Beachfront – EaW Homes
- Sea view luxury new apartment Marbella Port
- Banana Beach
- Huge Terrace, Brand New Complex, Close to the Beach, Marbella Center
Family Friendly accommodation in Downtown Marbella
- Apartamento Las Terrazas ll
- Marbella Centre with terrace and pool
- Aqua Apartments Bellamar, Marbella
- City Center Marbella Apartment – EaW Homes
Playa Nagueles – Where to stay in Marbella for nightlife
For the luxury traveler, look no further than Playa Nagueles. Situated along the Golden Mile, Marbella nightlife hub (making this the best place in Marbella for nightlife), this beach area draws the rich and famous with the best hotels, restaurants, and beach clubs.
Some would say this is the best stretch of beach in Marbella, with impeccable maintenance and abundant services.
The beach is very family-friendly, with fine sand and shallow water, making Playa Nagueles a great choice if you are wondering where to stay in Marbella with family.
Best places to stay in Playa Nagueles
Budget accommodation in Playa Nagueles
Mid range accommodation in Playa Nagueles
- Marbella Real seaside
- Luxurious beachside in the heart of Puente Romano
- Penthouse DELUXE, Carolina Park, Marbella
- Marbella Real Beach
Family Friendly accommodation in Playa Nagueles
- Bluebelle by Pillow
- Puente Romano Hotel Apartment Marbella
- Las Flores de Marta (Milla de Oro – Marbella)
- Superb Townhouse in Golden Mile
Affordable Luxury accommodation in Playa Nagueles
- Nobu Hotel Marbella
- Alanda Marbella Hotel
- Marbella Club Hotel · Golf Resort & Spa
- Puente Romano Beach Resort
Puerto Banus – Where to stay in Marbella for luxury travellers
Moving into the suburbs of Marbella, Puerto Banus is another popular resort area along the Golden Mile. This area is also a nightlife hot spots, so if you’re wondering where to stay in Marbella for party? Consider Puerto Banus.
Just four kilometers from downtown Marbella, this is one of the safest places to stay in the area, as it’s very posh and expensive.
It’s not exactly a budget-friendly destination, but if you are looking for a quiet area with a lot to offer, you might consider staying here.
Puerto Banus has everything a traveler could want, from casinos and golf courses to beaches and shopping malls. The restaurants, bars, and hotels in Puerto Banus cater to luxury travelers as well.
Best places to stay in Puerto Banus marbella
Budget accommodation in Puerto Banus
Mid range accommodation in Puerto Banus
- Flat Marbella Puerto Banús
- Iberostar Selection Marbella Coral Beach
- Banus Lodge
- Melia Marbella Banús
Family Friendly accommodation in Puerto Banus
Affordable Luxury accommodation in Puerto Banus
- Gran Hotel Guadalpín Banus
- Charming and spacious apartment in Medina Garden
- Moderno y luminoso apartamento en Las Gaviotas
- Hard Rock Hotel Marbella – Adults Only Recommended
Funny Beach – Where to stay in Marbella with family
Not far from downtown Marbella, is Funny Beach, or Playa el Pinillo. The Funny Beach name comes from the family fun park and go-kart track that used to be located just behind the beach.
It has since been replaced by beach clubs, however, the beach remains a family destination.
Sun beds are available to rent, as are many watersports activities including pedal boats, jet skis, parasailing, and inflatables. If you are looking for an active day at the beach, Funny Beach is a great choice.
Best places to stay in Funny Beach
Budget accommodation in Funny Beach
- Panorama Apartamento
- Lovely Bahia Marbella apartment
- Apartamento Gran Bahía de Marbella
- Las Arenas de Bahia de Marbella
Mid range accommodation in Funny Beach
- Modern villa with pool & BBQ next to a beach
- Duplex con encanto bahía
- Bright Nordic style penthouse in beachside resort
- OleHolidays Bahia Marbella Vista Hermosa
Family Friendly accommodation in Funny Beach
Víbora beach – Where to stay in Marbella for beach lovers
One of the many beautiful beaches along the Marbella waterfront is Vibora Beach. This large beach is perfect for watersports and is home to several swanky beach clubs, including Nikki Beach Marbella Restaurant and Beach Club.
Away from the beach clubs, the remainder of Playa de la Víbora is actually quiet and serene, making it a great place to escape with the latest chick-lit. If you are looking for a beach hotel in Marbella, there are several nearby.
Wondering best place to stay in Marbella for couples? Playa de la Víbora is a fairly relaxed area for honeymooners or couples looking for relax.
Best places to stay in Vibora Beach
Budget accommodation in Vibora Beach
- OleHolidays 216 Romana Playa Primera línea playa
- Playa Real
- Apartamentos Coronado
- Estudio primera Linea 50 mtrs playa
Mid range accommodation in Vibora Beach
- Jardines Las Golondrinas apartments Elviria
- Los Jardines de Santa Maria Golf
- The Residence by the Beach House Marbella
- Hacienda Playa
Family Friendly accommodation in Vibora Beach
- Vincci Selección Estrella del Mar
- AluaSun Marbella Park
- Ona Alanda Club Marbella
- Marbella Beach Resort at Club Playa Real
Affordable Luxury accommodation in Vibora Beach
- Vincci Selección Estrella del Mar
- Don Carlos Resort & Spa
- Marriott’s Marbella Beach Resort
- The Oasis by Don Carlos Resort
Cabopino Beach – Where to stay in Marbella for things to do
Cabopino and the adjacent sand dunes are some of the more natural waterfront areas of Marbella.
The beaches here are a bit less touristy, and you will find more locals enjoying the large, pristine beach that is protected by sand dunes. This area has a marina, several restaurants, and a couple of beach clubs.
If you are looking for a nudist beach in Marbella, there is one just west at Playa Artola. The Cabopino Golf Course is also very popular, making this a well-rounded place to stay in Marbella for anyone looking for many activity options.
Best places to stay in Cabopino Beach
Budget accommodation in Cabopino Beach
- Studio Cabopino-2 by Interhome
- Jardines de Artola Penthouse – EaW Homes
- 1039 Beach front 2 Line Penthouse
Mid range accommodation in Cabopino Beach
Family Friendly accommodation in Cabopino Beach
- Macdonald Leila Playa Resort
- Duplex-Townhouse en Marbella – vistas al mar -sea view
- Exclusive Andalusian Villa El Pino in Cabopino
- Apartamentos El Toro
Top 5 favorites accommodation options for Marbella
|❤️ Best Area first timers||Old Town or Downtown Marbella|
|💸 Best Luxury Hotel||Alanda Marbella Hotel|
|👪 Best Hotel for For Families||GRAN BAHIA de Marbella|
|🏨 Best Mid-Range Hotel||Melia Marbella Banús|
|🛏️ Best Budget Hotel||Hotel Finlandia|
|✨ Best Hostel||Hostal El Gallo|
If you’d like to save it for later, please save it to Pinterest.