Logitech’s K380 Multi-Device Bluetooth Keyboard is designed for the multi-device world. You can use this device on up to three at once and of course it works with all major platforms such as Windows, Mac and even Apple TV (just to name a few).
It took a little time to get used to using the Logitech K380 keyboard over using a Standard keyboard on a PC or the keyboard on my Apple Mac Pro, as these keyboards are a little larger. The K380 keyboard keys are a little “squished together however having the K380 made travelling with very easy as it fit nicely in my handbag! The Buttons are circular as opposed to the standard square buttons and I often found it easy to miss a button, it does take some time to get used to but easy once you have the hang of it.
Measuring less than 11 x 5 inches, with a thickness of about a half-inch that tapers down to give you the “tilted effect”. There are three Bluetooth keys, as well as ten “hotkeys” and two Alt-keys (on either side of the space bar) that double up as Apple Command keys. Sadly you won’t find a Home, End, Page-Up or Page-Down keys which are keys I use fairly regularly.
I was able to hook this little baby up to my iPhone, iPad, Apple Mac Pro and our Apple TV, press one of the numbered “Easy-Switch” buttons on the top left corner of the keyboard to toggle between them. It was great being able to connect my laptop up to the TV and use the keyboard sitting on my lap rather than a heavy laptop sitting on my lap and cables going everywhere.
Battery life is said to be 24 months thanks to the 2 AAA Batteries however if this is accurate, I’m not 100% sure – ill let you know in 2 years if I remember !
Bluetooth wireless computers or other devices that support external keyboards (HID profile). For more information, check with the device manufacturer.
- PC: Windows® 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or later
- Mac: Mac OS 10.10 or later
- Chrome OS™
- Android™ tablet or smartphone: Android 3.2 or later.
- iPad or iPhone: iOS 5 or later
- Apple TV 2nd or 3rd generation
An internet connection (for optional software download)
- Height:124 mm (4.9 in)
- Width:279 mm (10.9 in)
- Depth:16 mm (0.6 in) including feet
- Weight:423 g (14.92 oz) including batteries
Warranty – 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty
- Connection Type:Bluetooth Classic (3.0)
- Wireless Range:10 m (33 ft)*
*Wireless range may vary due to environmental and computing conditions
- Software Support:
- Logitech Options for Windows (Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or later)
- Logitech Options for Mac (OS X 10.8 or later)
- Battery:2 x AAA
- Battery Life:24 months
- Indicator Lights (LED):Battery LED, 3 Bluetooth channel LEDs
- Special Keys:Hotkeys (Home, Back, App-switch, Contextual Menu), Easy-Switch™
- Connect / Power:On/Off Switch
What you get in the box
2 AAA batteries (pre-installed)
RRP: $69.95 AUD
Disclaimer: I was sent the Logitech K380 for review. All opinions expressed are my own and have not been influenced in any way.