I’ve had the chance to explore Langkawi, a stunning archipelago of nearly 100 islands in the Andaman Sea, which shares its waters with destinations like Phuket and Koh Lanta in Thailand.
Langkawi, part of Malaysia, has a unique vibe that sets it apart from many Thai islands. It’s a much more relaxed destination, making it perfect for sightseeing, and is especially loved by honeymooners and families.
If you’re wondering how long to stay in Langkawi? I’d say three to five days is just right. The island is relatively small, but your stay could vary, depending on whether you’re there for a relaxed holiday, a romantic honeymoon, or a quick weekend escape.
As for accommodation, Langkawi offers a diverse range. Whether you’re traveling with your family or looking for a spot to unwind, there’s something for everyone.
I’ve put together a list of some of the best hotels in Langkawi, covering everything from cozy hostels to luxurious resorts.
These 2024 Langkawi accommodation recommendations include the finest hotels as well as the top sights to see, the best areas to stay, and hotels close to Langkawi’s main attractions.
There’s plenty to discover about Langkawi’s neighborhoods and the unique experiences they offer.
In a hurry and need the answer quick?
- Best area to stay in Langkawi for first time: Pantai Cenang
- Best place to stay in Langkawi for honeymoon: Pantai Kok
- Where to stay in Langkawi for backpackers: Pantai Cenang
- Best Hostel in Langkawi: Bed Attitude Hostel Cenang
- Best Budget Hotel in Langkawi: Riverra Inn Langkawi
- Best Mid Range Hotel in Langkawi: Wings by Croske Resort
- Best Family Hotel in Langkawi: Royale Chenang Resort
- Best Luxury Hotel in Langkawi: Four Seasons Resort Langkawi
Please note, while pricing is great to have in articles due to the seasonal fluctuation, I don’t want to provide inaccurate information.
Plan your trip?
Avoid hidden fees in the exchange rate while withdrawing from millions of ATMs abroad, paying in restaurants and shops, and buying your accommodation and flights using the Wise Card. You can hold up to 40+ currencies at once to spend in in over 150 countries, and convert them in real time with the free Wise app.
Need help planning your trip from start to finish? Check out these helpful links:
- Cheap flights
- Savings on accommodation from hostels to luxury hotels
- Affordable car rental options
- Affordable sightseeing tours and day trips
- Travel Adapter – All in one so you don’t have to carry a bunch around
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Pantai Cenang – Best place to stay on Langkawi Island for Tourists
When considering where to stay in Langkawi for tourists, Pantai Cenang beach emerges as the top choice. This bustling resort town is not only the best place to stay at Langkawi but also a vibrant hub for those seeking a mix of relaxation and excitement.
Who is Pantai Cenang is Best for
- Social butterflies looking for busy street bazaars and vibrant nightlife.
- Beach lovers seeking white sandy shores and clear waters for sunbathing and swimming.
- Foodies eager to indulge in both international and local Malaysian cuisines.
- Adventure seekers interested in a variety of watersports.
What’s Good About Pantai Cenang
- A 2km stretch of stunning beach lined with coconut palms.
- A wide array of dining options, from upscale French bistros (my favourite is MY french Factory) to authentic Malaysian street food.
- An extensive selection of accommodations catering to all budgets.
- The epicenter of Langkawi’s nightlife, offering plenty of cocktail bars and clubs.
What’s Not So Good About Pantai Cenang
- Crowded during peak season (December to March), requiring advance booking for hotels and activities.
Why Stay in Pantai Cenang:
Pantai Cenang is the quintessential spot for tourists in Langkawi, combining a lazy beach vacation with a lively atmosphere. It’s where the best of shopping, dining, and beach life come together, creating unforgettable experiences.
Things To Do in Pantai Cenang:
- Spend your days lounging on the beach and your evenings enjoying the lively beach bars.
- Experience the rich flavors of Malaysia at Pantai Cenang Night Market from 6pm onwards.
- Enjoy everything from snorkeling to jet-skiing, exploring the beauty of the Andaman Sea.
Here’s my list of places to stay in Pantai Cenang
Budget Hostels & Hotel in Pantai Cenang
Discover affordable comfort at Bed Attitude Hostel Cenang, an impressive budget hostel in Pantai Cenang, the best area to stay in Langkawi. With a laid-back atmosphere, you can enjoy the unique design, cosy dorms with AC, friendly staff, and central location. There is also a billiards table, karaoke and a shared kitchen, so you can easily meet new people and have a great time here.
Looking for the best place to stay in Langkawi Pantai Cenang that won’t hurt your wallet? Look no further than Sri Embun Resort. The rooms at this 2-star hotel are clean and cosy with both ceiling fans and AC, and the service is spot-on. Room service and luggage storage are both offered, and there’s a large outdoor pool that is kid-friendly.
Mid- Range and & Family Friendly Hotels in Pantai Cenang
Laid-back luxury is the best way to describe the Mecure Langkawi Pantai Cenang. This place offers plenty of style and comfort without the price tag. The Mercure Langkawi is known for their amazing breakfast, and the onsite Rice Garden Restaurant serves a range of cuisines. All rooms include wardrobes, and the bathrooms are a generous size. Make use of the outdoor swimming pool, fitness centre and kids’ club.
The Frangipani Langkawi Resort is the best family friendly hotel in Langkawi for creating family memories. There are so many fun things to do here together, from organic farm tours and ping pong to art and yoga. Children can spend time at the kids corner while you walk the reflexology path or get some laps in at the pool. The family suites and villas offer plenty of room for four to six people. Make sure you try the resort’s signature frangipani tea at their healthy farm-to-table restaurant.
Luxury Hotels in Pantai Cenang
Discover pure luxury at Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi. With two outdoor pools, top-notch amenities and excellent service, this resort is the best location to stay in Langkawi for an indulgent getaway. Located along the shores of Pelangi Beach, the charming suites and terraces offer calming views from the private balconies. Dine in at the Spice Market, relax at the Cascade Pool Bar, or pamper yourself at the spa.
Experience world-class amenities at PARKROYAL Langkawi Resort. The peak of luxury, this Langkawi beach side hotel offers premier suites that include stunning ocean views from your private balcony and your own pool. Some rooms also include a kitchenette, and you’ll have access to a fitness centre and an outdoor pool as well. Order room service, treat yourself at the wellness centre, and feel like a king or queen for a while.
Pantai Tengah – Where to stay in Langkawi with Family
Pantai Tengah, known for its superb family-friendly hotels, offers an escape while remaining close to the vibrant Pantai Cenang.
With resorts catering to every need, families can enjoy a hassle-free stay, immersed in a more peaceful atmosphere compared to its crazy neighbor, Pantai Cenang.
Who is Pantai Tengah is Best For:
- Families looking for accommodation in Langkawi.
- Visitors preferring a quieter setting near the lively areas.
What’s Good About Pantai Tengah:
- Proximity to Pantai Cenang, ideal for enjoying nightlife within a short distance.
- Peaceful beach environment with calm and clear seas, perfect for relaxation.
- The Cliff restaurant, boasting stunning views of the Andaman Sea.
What’s Not So Good About Pantai Tengah:
- Limited restaurant and shopping options outside the resorts.
- Presence of jellyfish during certain seasons, with beach signs indicating caution.
- Slippery rocks at the beach’s northern end, requiring careful exploration.
Why Stay in Pantai Tengah:
Pantai Tengah stands out as one of the best places to stay in Langkawi with family. Its combination of calm beaches, family-centered accommodation, and proximity to Pantai Cenang’s social scene makes it a well-balanced choice for a family holiday.
Things to Do in Pantai Tengah:
- Tengah Beach is a 700m stretch of beach, ideal for relaxing, reading, and sandcastle building. The southern end of the beach has some excellent snorkeling spots.
- Underwater World Langkawi is a large aquarium showcasing a diverse marine life, located conveniently between Pantai Tengah and Cenang. It’s a fantastic family-friendly attraction, especially for rainy days.
Here’s my list of places to stay in Pantai Tengah
Budget Hostels & Hotel in Pantai Tengah
With simple rooms and mountain views, the Sassy House is the perfect spot for travellers on a budget. While there is a very social and communal atmosphere, all of the rooms here are private. Meet some fellow travellers over a game of table tennis and prepare your own breakfast in the shared kitchen.
The T Star Cottage Langkawi is a convenient budget hotel, located behind a mini mart and a bike rental shop. Set among nature, you can expect to hear calming sounds of wildlife at night, frogs in particular. Rooms are equipped with either a fan or air-con and come in three different designs. You can eat breakfast, lunch and dinner here too, and ironing can be done upon request.
Mid- Range and & Family Friendly Hotels in Pantai Tengah
Aloft Langkawi Pantai Tengah is your go-to spot for a stylish stay that isn’t overly pricey. The 4-star hotel offers a sun terrace, a fitness centre, and a hot tub. There’s also a billiards table, free bike rental, and a kids club. With Pantai Tengah Beach only 300 metres away, many of the rooms offer sea views from the balcony. You can also choose to have views of the rainforest or garden.
The Royale Chenang Resort is a perfect option for families looking for where to stay Langkawi. With large three-bedroom suites including a living room and patio, everyone can relax comfortably and feel at home. Located 500 metres from Pantai Tengah Beach, the resort offers an outdoor pool, a restaurant, and a 24/7 front desk to help you plan your family adventures in Langkawi.
Luxury Hotels in Pantai Tengah
The Looma Private Pool Villas stand out when looking for an intimate luxury hotel in Langkawi. The sustainable villas are modern and elegantly designed, each coming with a private entrance and pool, a huge TV, and a walk-in shower. The attention to detail and personalised service will also make you feel extra special during your stay. Although there isn’t an on-site restaurant, there is a picnic area and plenty of eateries within walking distance.
Embrace both luxury and sustainability at the 5-star Ambong Pool Villas. Private villas with a range of amenities are available to book, each with unforgettable sunset views from the balcony. Grab a fresh pastry in the morning, relax in the garden, take a yoga class, and enjoy a cocktail or high-tea at the restaurant. Plus, you can’t forget the infinity pool and hot tub facilities!
Pantai Kok – Where to stay in Langkawi for Couples
Pantai Kok is an ideal location in Langkawi for couples looking for a blend of relaxation and adventure.
Just a 15-minute drive from Langkawi Airport, this peaceful area is hidden away from the hustle and bustle of the main touristy areas, making it one of the best places to stay in Langkawi for couples, especially those on their honeymoon.
Who is Pantai Kok is Best for
- Couples looking for a quiet get away
- Travelers looking for luxury resorts and private beaches
- Shoppers interested in tax-free shopping
- Nature enthusiasts and adventure seekers
What’s Good About Pantai Kok
- Proximity to Langkawi Airport, making it easily accessible
- Telaga Harbour and Oriental Park, hubs for shopping, dining, and entertainment
- Unique attractions like the Langkawi Cable Car, offering stunning aerial views
- Secluded Pantai Kok Beach with a peaceful, “desert island” feel
- Calm seas, ideal for relaxing beach days
What’s Not So Good About Pantai Kok
- Limited dining options directly on the public beach
- Pantai Kok Beach can be crowded on weekends
- Limited nightlife, suited more for those seeking quiet evenings
Why Stay in Pantai Kok
Pantai Kok is the epitome of luxury and relaxtion, making it the best place to stay in Langkawi for a honeymoon or a romantic getaway. The area’s luxurious resorts, private beaches, and the secluded Pantai Kok Beach offer a perfect escape for couples.
Things To Do in Pantai Kok:
- Ride the Langkawi Cable Car for breathtaking 360-degree island views of Langkawi
- Explore the Sky Bridge amidst the rainforest canopy
- Relax on Pantai Kok Beach, a beautiful horseshoe bay of soft sand surrounded by lush jungle, ideal for sunbathing and beach activities
Here’s my list of places to stay in Pantai Kok
Family Friendly Hotel in Pantai Kok
The family-friendly Berjaya Langkawi Resort is found by a tropical rainforest and offers a range of charming Malay-style chalets. Certain chalets look out onto the water, while others have views of the forest. The two-bedroom family chalet is warmly decorated and comes with all the necessary amenities. Conveniently, the resort offers four restaurants and three bars, as well as a lovely pool. Send the young ones off to the kids’ club so you can work out at the gym or get a relaxing massage. All airport transfers and shuttle services are provided, so you won’t have to worry about anything!
Luxury Hotels in Pantai Kok
If you’re looking for where to stay in Langkawi for couples, you should definitely consider the Ritz-Carlton. Offering a mix of opulence and gorgeous natural scenery, you and your partner can choose a room among the rainforest or an ocean front villa. Either way, it’s easy to create a romantic
As a member of the “Small Luxury Hotels of the World”, the Danna Langkawi is an accommodation that definitely lives up to expectations. The colonial architecture makes this a unique Langkawi stay. The rooms and villas feature floor-to-ceiling windows with private balconies. The Danna Langkawi also has a private beach, an infinity pool, three restaurants, and so many other luxury offerings. Enjoy relaxing spa treatments as you look out at the hills, have afternoon tea, and sip a cocktail at the Verandah Lounge.
Kuah Town – Where to stay in Langkawi for Shopping
Kuah Town is the heart of Langkawi, welcoming visitors as the main gateway to the island, especially for those arriving by ferry.
Unlike the typical beachside resorts, Kuah offers a unique blend of local culture and urban charm, making it an intriguing choice for a stay at either the start or end of a Langkawi holiday.
It’s important to note that Kuah is not a beach destination, but its appeal lies elsewhere.
Who is Kuah Town is Best For:
- Shoppers looking for duty-free shopping.
- Visitors interested in experiencing local culture and urban life in Langkawi.
- Travelers who prefer to stay in a town setting rather than a beach resort.
What’s Good About Kuah Town:
- A hub for duty-free shopping, offering great deals on various items.
- Rich in local culture, with parks featuring sculptures based on Malaysian religious stories and folklore.
- Night bazaars where you can indulge in local delicacies like BBQ fish and peanut satays.
What’s Not So Good About Kuah Town:
- Absence of beach activities and seaside scenery.
- More of a working town atmosphere, which might not appeal to those seeking a typical resort experience.
Why Stay in Kuah Town:
Staying in Kuah Town is ideal for those who want to immerse themselves in the local culture and take advantage of the best duty-free shopping in Langkawi. It’s a place where you can enjoy the hustle and bustle of city life while being on a beautiful island.
Things to Do in Kuah Town:
- Explore Jalan Pandak Mayah for its abundance of duty-free shops – a paradise for bargain hunters.
- Visit Legends Park, a blend of natural and man-made beauty, and don’t miss the iconic oversized eagle at the pier’s end.
- Experience the local flavors and atmosphere at the night bazaars, a feast for both the eyes and the palate.
Here’s my list of places to stay in Kuah Town
Budget Hostels & Hotel in Kuah Town
With its convenient location and affordable rates, Motodorm Langkawi provides a comfortable base for exploring Langkawi without breaking the bank. The simple yet welcoming shared dorm has a relaxed vibe and is a safe place to get some rest. You’ll have access to a fridge, toaster, kettle, and a shared bathroom. Bike rentals are available too so you can easily get around for free.
The Riverra Inn is priced very affordably thanks to its location a little further out of Kuah Town. However, it’s still very easy to get around. You can get a clean, air-conditioned room with twin beds or a king, which come with amenities like a kettle and a TV. Dig into the morning breakfast buffet, take a swim in the spacious pool, and pick up some snacks at the little onsite convenience store.
Mid- Range and & Family Friendly Hotels in Kuah Town
The Bayview Hotel Langkawi provides classy rooms and suites, convenient amenities and a welcoming atmosphere, all at a price that suits your budget. Some rooms have beautiful mountain views you won’t want to miss. At the Bayview, you can relax at the sauna, get a massage, and plan your island trips. Whether you’re craving drinks and nibbles, some authentic Chinese cuisine, or a buffet breakfast, the three onsite restaurants have you covered.
With two outdoor swimming pools and a waterslide for kids, De Baron Resort is a clear winner for family-friendly hotels in Langkawi, Malaysia. The deluxe family rooms have everything you need, including two large beds, a TV, a safety deposit box, and plenty of free toiletries. At De Baron, you can easily book your family adventures at the tour desk, then head to the themed evening buffet and enjoy some delicious hot pot with seaside views.
Luxury Hotels in Kuah Town
For luxury accommodation Langkawi, you can’t look past the St Regis. This glamorous resort features an infinity pool overlooking the sea, as well as private beach access. There are panoramic and penthouse suites surrounded by green rainforests, or beautiful sea view rooms with private plunge pools. Families can also be catered to with a four-bedroom villa. You’ll also get to choose between five dining options here, including a cafe and a bar serving curated wines and spirits.
If you like feeling spoiled for choice, the Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa is the best place to stay in Langkawi, Malaysia. With six dining options, four outdoor pools, morning yoga classes, a spa and a recreation centre with a squash court, you will never run out of things to do here. The ocean-view rooms and suites are perfectly cosy, with extra large bathrooms. If you’re travelling with kids, there’s also a special program for children to learn about and explore the beach.
Datai Bay – Where to stay in Langkawi for Peace and Quiet
Datai Bay emerges as the epitome of peace, quiet and luxury. It’s a place where you can indulge in some of Langkawi’s finest hotels, offering an exclusive, 5-star experience ideal for relaxation and peace.
The beach, a breathtaking stretch of white sand and turquoise waters, spans 1.5 kilometers and is a private haven exclusively for resort guests.
Who is Datai Bay is Best for
- Couples seeking a romantic, quiet getaway
- Travelers looking for an exclusive, luxurious stay
- Those who prefer quieter areas over tourist spots
- Visitors seeking a private beach experience
What’s Good About Datai Bay
- Suites offering stunning views of the Andaman Sea
- A private, pristine beach known for its beauty and lack of crowds
- A location renowned for being the best place in Langkawi to stay for relaxation
What’s Not So Good About Datai Bay
- Limited number of resorts and accommodations
- Fewer activities and attractions compared to other areas in Langkawi
- The exclusive nature may not cater to all budgets
Why Stay in Datai Bay:
Datai Bay is the perfect retreat for those seeking an exclusive, peaceful trip. Ideal for honeymooners and anyone desiring a relaxing holiday. The bay’s limited number of resorts ensures a private and quiet environment, perfect for a peaceful getaway.
Activities in Datai Bay:
- Relaxing at Datai Bay Beach, enjoy the secluded, stunning beach with its clear waters and picturesque surroundings.
- Golfing at Els Club Teluk Datai, which is known as Malaysia’s most celebrated golf club, it offers a unique experience amidst rainforests and views of the Andaman Sea.
Here’s my list of places to stay in Datai Bay
Mid- Range and & Family Friendly Hotels in Datai Bay
For a sustainable and fairly priced accommodation by Datai Bay, check out Saujana Private Villas. The one-bedroom villas are surrounded by trees and include a bathtub, a minibar and a flat-screen TV. Take advantage of the private beach access and water sports facilities like kayaking, canoeing and windsurfing. There’s also a snack bar and lounge, a billiards table, and some local specialities to try for breakfast.
Villa Hutan Datai’s enormous sea view villa is the best place to stay Langkawi for big families who want a cosy home base. Taking up 550 square metres, the villa includes four bedrooms (with 10 beds total), six bathrooms, a living room, and a fully-equipped kitchen. The complimentary breakfast includes options like fresh fruit and pancakes, and there’s also a bar to hang out at once the kids are asleep.
Luxury Hotels in Datai Bay
The Datai Langkawi is the ultimate luxury stay by an ancient tropical rainforest. This little slice of heaven offers peaceful canopy rooms and villas with balconies. The beach and rainforest villas also come with a private pool and outdoor deck. The resort’s world-class amenities include a golf course, a spa, and open-air restaurants. Mountain bikes are also available for use, and you’ll have free access to two tennis courts a short drive away.
Tanjung Rhu – Best beach on Langkawi
Discovering Tanjung Rhu has been a highlight of my travels. Known for its calming scenery, Tanjung Rhu stands out as a relaxing area in Langkawi.
It’s a haven for honeymooners and those looking for luxury amidst nature. The public beaches here are breathtaking, with their cloud-white sands fringing a lush mangrove swamp at Langkawi’s northern tip.
Who is Tanjung Rhu is Best for
- Honeymooners seeking a romantic getaway
- Travelers looking for luxury resorts and quiet beaches
- Nature enthusiasts eager to explore mangrove swamps
- Those preferring a quieter, more exclusive beach experience
What’s Good About Tanjung Rhu
- Stunning public beaches, among the finest on Langkawi
- Proximity to Kilim Geopark & Mangroves for day trips
- Exclusive, luxury accommodations, perfect for a romantic retreat
- Ideal location for watersports like sea kayaking and snorkeling
What’s Not So Good About Tanjung Rhu
- Limited dining and shopping options
- Less suitable for those seeking nightlife
Why Stay in Tanjung Rhu:
Choosing to stay in Tanjung Rhu means embracing peace and luxury. It’s one of the best part of Langkawi to stay, especially for couples.
The area is known for its secluded, stylish hotels near the beach, offering spa facilities and swimming pools. The idyllic setting and less crowded beaches provide a perfect backdrop for a romantic escape.
Activities in Tanjung Rhu:
- Tanjung Rhu Beach, a top pick among Langkawi’s beaches, it offers protection from winds and a view of beautiful karst islands.
- Sea Kayaking, where you can explore sandbars, islets, and hidden snorkeling reefs at your own pace.
- Discover Langkawi’s wild side (Kilim Geoforest Park) with boat tours through this enchanting wetland, where dolphin sightings are a delightful possibility.
Here’s my list of places to stay in Tanjung Rhu
Budget Hostels & Hotel in Tanjung Rhu
The Rhu Dormitory is an inexpensive hostel that allows you to stay 200 metres from Kastam Beach. 6-bunk dorms, as well as twin and double rooms are available. Each room has a bathroom attached and includes AC, which you’ll definitely need in Langkawi. It’s a suitable spot for backpackers travelling on the cheap.
A laid-back atmosphere is what you’ll find at Sunset Bay Cottage. The simple double, twin, triple and family rooms are all clean and have great AC, two of the most important things to look for in a budget accommodation! This property is run by a local family who are always on-site, so any issues that may come up are quickly sorted. Have your morning coffee on the porch facing the garden before heading out to any of the nearby restaurants.
Mid- Range and & Family Friendly Hotels in Tanjung Rhu
The Eagleye Langkawi is a mid-range accommodation that is perfect for the bohemian traveller. It is located away from the main touristy area, yet still close to the beach, so you get a bit more peace and quiet. The one and two-bedroom chalets are uniquely designed with colourful and cosy touches. Shared spaces like the sun terrace, the kitchen area and the pool are very inviting and relaxing places to hang out at.
Travelling to Langkawi with family but don’t want to spend a fortune? Book the quadruple room at the Red Coral Cottage during your stay in Tanjung Rhu. The rooms include two large beds and have balconies with views of the gardens below. The staff are great to have a chat to, and the beach is mere steps away.
Luxury Hotels in Tanjung Rhu
Tanjung Rhu Resort in Langkawi epitomizes luxury with its outdoor pools, diverse dining options, and a spa. This resort offers adventure and relaxation, featuring activities like cruises, watersports, fishing trips, and unique eagle-feeding sessions. Guests can unwind in spacious rooms boasting stunning views of gardens, pools, or the sea, making it an ideal blend of luxury and natural beauty.
Whether you want to chill out or explore the island, Four Seasons Resort Langkawi is the perfect place for a luxurious getaway. With multi-tiered pools, landscaped gardens and access to a private beach, you can’t ask for a more beautiful environment to stay in. The architecture and interiors feature both Malay and Moorish design influences, creating one-of-a-kind rooms and villas. At this resort, you can enjoy dishes from wood-fired pizzas to fresh seafood, be pampered at the spa, join a yoga class, and stop by the adults-only seaside pool.
Padang Matsirat – top Hotels in Langkawi near the Airport
Padang Matsirat, known for its proximity to Langkawi international airport, is an intriguing destination that blends cultural richness with the convenience of location.
While it’s not your typical beachside retreat, Padang Matsirat compensates with a tapestry of cultural landmarks.
The Field of Burnt Rice monument is a poignant reminder of the island’s past, where locals burned their rice reserves to deter the Siamese army in the 1820s. Besides historical sites, the area is home to a batik village, an area for those looking traditional Malaysian fabrics and crafts.
Who is Padang Matsirat is Best for
- Proximity to Langkawi Airport: Perfect for those with early departures or late arrivals.
- Cultural Enthusiasts
- Short Stays visitors who need an area to stay for brief layover or transit stay.
What’s Good About Padang Matsirat
- Cultural Attractions, from historic tombs to the Field of Burnt Rice.
- Traditional Crafts from batik village offering authentic Malaysian products.
- Accommodation Variety, that range from affordable hotels to luxurious resorts with pools and spas.
What’s Not So Good About Padang Matsirat
- Not a Beach Destination as it lacks the typical seaside access of other Langkawi areas.
- May not suit those looking vibrant evening entertainment.
Why Stay in Padang Matsirat:
Staying in Padang Matsirat is a wise choice for those prioritizing proximity to Langkawi Airport, especially if you’re facing an early morning flight or arriving late at night. The area’s hotels, varying from economical options to more luxourious establishments, cater well to short-term visitors.
Things To Do in Padang Matsirat
- Visit the historic Field of Burnt Rice and explore the local market.
- Immerse yourself in the art of Malaysian batik and shop for unique crafts.
Here’s my list of places to stay in Padang Matsirat
Budget Hostels & Hotel in Padang Matsirat
Dorm Master is a simple hostel that offers a little bit of privacy. Each dorm bed comes with a privacy curtain, and ladies can request a female-only room. Play darts or a game of pool with new friends in the shared lounge. There are restaurants and food stalls nearby, and you can easily rent a scooter here to get out and explore Langkawi.
Villa Abadi Resort is a casual, budget accommodation that offers value for money. The outdoor swimming pool is the highlight of this resort, with plenty of surrounding sun loungers. The deluxe rooms all have a decent amount of space, and the family suite comes with a small kitchenette. A simple breakfast is offered, and there are tasty, affordable restaurants right around the corner.
Mid- Range and & Family Friendly Hotels in Padang Matsirat
Wings by Croske Resort is a laid-back 4-star hotel right next to the airport. You’re guaranteed to spend most of your time here in the swimming pool or on the sun loungers. There is a daily buffet breakfast with vegetarian, vegan and halal options, and an onsite bar. The room options here range from deluxe twins and doubles to a 400-square-metre presidential suite.
Ombak Villa mixes both modern and traditional Malay design to create an elegant yet laid-back experience. The well-designed suites include kitchenettes, perfect for young families who need to prepare special meals. You’ll also enjoy amazing views of the Andaman sea from the balcony. The resort has a half-sized Olympic swimming pool overlooking the beach, and plenty of international dinner options at the Bayu Restaurant.
Luxury Hotels in Padang Matsirat
The Luxury Villa is a clean, modern and spacious place to stay in Langkawi. As the name suggests, the villas are also quite luxurious, with a kitchen, a seating area, a private pool, and views of the mountains. A car rental service and a minimart are also available for your convenience. It’s a great choice if you need to be close to the airport yet still feel like you’re on vacation.
Experience casual luxury at the Royale Riviera Resort. Offering suites and three-bedroom villas with private pools, the resort has an exclusive and intimate feel to it, while also being a little homey. Kitchenettes are included, so you can easily cook your own food if you wish. Room service is offered here too, and there is a 24-hour front desk with friendly staff that can help with anything you need.
Added Extra: Areas to Avoid in Langkawi
Langkawi is known as a safe destination for tourists. However, as with any travel destination, it’s always advisable to exercise common sense, stay aware of your surroundings, avoid dark scary looking alleys, and follow advice from locals.
FAQs About langkawi places to stay
is it better to stay in kuah or pantai cenang?
It depends on your preferences. KuahTown is the main town and commercial center of Langkawi, while Pantai Cenang is a popular beach area with more tourist amenities available.
which island is better penang or langkawi?
Langkawi is often preferred over Penang for its pristine beaches, lush natural beauty, and relaxed atmosphere. It offers a more of a secluded experience, perfect for those looking to relax and enjoy outdoor activities. Langkawi’s UNESCO-listed Geopark and cable car ride are major attractions.
However, Penang excels in cultural diversity, historic sites, and street art, making it a better choice for urban exploration and culinary adventures.
Ultimately, the choice between the two depends on your preferences, with Langkawi being ideal for a laid-back getaway and Penang for a mix of culture and beach experiences.
Final Thoughts: best areas to stay in langkawi
In the island paradise of Langkawi, your choice of accommodation can truly make or break your trip. From the stunning beaches of Pantai Cenang to the lush rainforests of Datai Bay, we’ve explored the best places to stay on this idyllic island, so you don’t have to!
Each of the suggested hotels in this article offers a unique blend of comfort, luxury, or natural beauty. Whether you’re trying to find a luxurious romantic escape, a family-friendly resort, or a budget hotel, Langkawi has it all.
So, why wait? Don’t miss the chance to immerse yourself in the wonders of Langkawi from the comfort of these exceptional hotels.
Take advantage of the captivating views, world-class amenities, and warm hospitality they have to offer. Your dream vacation awaits – book your stay today and embark on an unforgettable Langkawi adventure!