Have you ever dreamt of exploring the beauty of East Africa? Just one week in Tanzania would make your dream come true. Tanzania is a beautiful sight with its beautiful natural grass plain lands, wilderness, and home of the wild safari where you find the “big five” (lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant, and rhino). Bordered by three lakes; Lake Victoria, Lake Tanganyika, and Lake Malawi, Tanzania also has rich water resources. Visiting Tanzania is easier now with the introduction of the eVisa for foreign visitors from other countries. You can check out the eVisa requirements for US citizens traveling Tanzania online.
With just one week in Tanzania, you will surely enjoy the richness and beauty of nature. Let’s help you get the most out of one week in Tanzania with unforgettable places you can visit and things you can do within one week in Tanzania.
Seven Awesome Things To Do & See In Tanzania
- Explore Mount Kilimanjaro: Climbing Kilimanjaro, with a height of 5,895 meters which is the highest in Africa can be a great feat. The Furtwängler Glacier view from the top is one sight you would love to have. Climbing to the top of Kilimanjaro could be both challenging and one of the most amazing experiences you would cherish. Don’t forget to take pictures from the roof of Africa.
- Enjoy The Serengeti Experience: Are you interested in wildlife? Then the Serengeti is your point of call. Millions of wild beasts and herbivores migrate to this plain. You will get a great sight of rare animals like Rhinos, Cheetah, Elephants, Lions and lots more in their natural habitat in the Serengeti all year round.
- Check Out The Zanzibar Island: Zanzibar Island is about 15 miles away from the coast of Tanzania. You can get to the Island by plane or the very fast ferries. Zanzibar Island is like a paradise. You can go scuba diving, enjoy the beautiful and serene environment, especially in the evenings with great traditional meals and seafood.
- Visit The Gombe Stream National park: This amazing park is situated along the North Shore of the Lake Tanganyika. It is a highly protected area. You can make use of the help of a good guide to move around the area and view the Chimpanzees.
- Take A Bike Tour: You can take a ride around various towns in Tanzania with a good bike. Your ride can commence from the Arusha to Mbeya which is from the north to the south. You will ride through the beautiful plantation, lush countryside. You can also ride to Dodoma, the country’s capital. With a bike, you can easily relate to the indigenous people of Tanzania.
- Take A Balloon Safari: A hot air balloon across the Serengeti would blow your mind. Having a view of the wildlife from above is a lifetime view ending with a luxurious party, though expensive.
- See The Great Rift Valley: Spanning from Lebanon through to Tanzania and then to Mozambique. You can have the view of this Great Rift Valley. From the Kilimamoja lodge, you will have a great view of this Great Rift Valley.