With 50 states, the United States of America is incredibly diverse. The country stretches from the Pacific Ocean in the west to the Atlantic Ocean in the east, and from Canada in the north to Mexico in the South. Major cities include New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago, while the interior is home to desert and mountain landscapes, as well as the prairies of the Midwest.
QUICK USA FACTS
Currency: US Dollar can be withdrawn from ATMs throughout United States of America, however keep in mind that smaller cities or towns may not have access to ATMs and its recommended to withdraw cash and take it with you.
Power Points: Most power points are 2 flat prongs. I would recommend you take a Travel Adapter.
Official Language: The official language of United States of America is English
Health: There are no major health concerns in United States of America for travellers. I would recommend that you contact your doctor a few weeks before you travel as in some cases you need to start any medication a few days before your trip or you may need to get a vaccination. The tap water is generally safe to drink, however, if you are unsure, make sure to ask your hotel receptionist or host.
Articles on the USA
Looking for a particular destination, see below otherwise you can go to USA Travel Guide to view current posts
- Yellowstone National Park on a Budget
- Luxury in the Great Outdoors: 5 of the Best Glamping Spots in the U.S.
- 7 Best Places in America for Destination Weddings
- The Latest Florida Theme Park Attractions not to miss out on
- Move Over Mickey- There’s More To Orlando Than Just Disney!
- 15 Fun Touristy Things to Do in Miami
- Experience the Natural Beauty of Kauai’s South Shore
- What is the Best Island to Visit in Hawaii for First Timers?
- What’s Hot In Hawaii: Say Aloha To These Intoxicating Islands
- Hawaii (PHOTO BLOG)
- 14 of the Best Instagram photos in Hawaii & who to follow!
- Where to stay in Hawaii as a first time visitor
- 13 Exciting Things to do in Honolulu Hawaii
- Things to Do in Hollywood
- Beach Balls and Baseballs: Must-Do Things for Everyone to Enjoy in Southern California
- 4 Small Wineries you MUST visit in Napa
- 8 FREE Things to Do in Los Angeles
- 18 Fun Things to do in Los Angeles
- Best Deals for Affordable Eats in San Francisco
- Bridge to Bridge – Attractions of the San Francisco Waterfront
- Where to stay in San Francisco
- Don’t miss seeing Central Park when you are in New York City
- Six budget friendly things to do in New York City
- NYC On A Budget? This Is How It’s Possible
- 16 Touristy Things to Do in New York City
- New York City in the Summer: Your Guide to Enjoying the 5 Boroughs
- 25 Things Everyone Should Do In New York Before You Die
- Ultimate New York City Romantic Escape
- 48 Hours in New York
- 15 Exciting Things to Do in Chicago