The largest country on the island of Great Britain, England is also the most populous nation in the United Kingdom. The capital city of London is a major international destination, and a global melting pot of cultures and cuisines. Other popular destinations in England include Bath, York, Oxford and the seaside resort of Brighton. Northern England encompasses several national parks, including the Lake District and the Peak District.
QUICK ENGLAND FACTS
Currency: English Pound can be withdrawn from ATMs throughout England.
Power Points: The power points in England have 3 chunky prongs, not many places in the world use a similar plug. I would recommend you take a Travel Adapter.
Official Language: The official language of England is English.
Health: There are no major health concerns in England for travellers. I would recommend that you contact your doctor a few weeks before you travel as in some cases you need to start any medication a few days before your trip or you may need to get a vaccination. The tap water is generally safe to drink.
Unsure about travelling during COVID? Check out the COVID travel requirements and restrictions for the UK.
Articles on England
Looking for a particular destination, see below otherwise you can go to United Kingdom Travel Guide to view current posts
- 24 Hours in Kent England
- Brilliant British Seaside Towns You Need To Visit
- The Best Dog-Friendly Hotels in the UK
- Plan an Affordable Trip to These 5 Beautiful Places in England
- Where to stay in London – Close to Famous attractions for First-time visitors
- London on a Budget – A How to Guide!
- Some of the Many Wonderful Museums in London
- Spending a Weekend in London Bucket List
- 5 Things to do in London like a Local
- London Sightseeing Tour through Evan Evans booked via Viator
- The best way to see London with The London Helicopter
- 12 of the Best Instagram photos in London & who to follow!
- The Ultimate Guide to London
- Things to do in the Rain in London
- Hotel Review – Andaz London Liverpool Street
- The Best Day trips from London
- Hotel review of the Tower Hotel London
- A Guide on Things to do in Bristol
- 48 Hours in Bristol – 2 Day Itinerary
- Where to stay in Bristol
- Hotel Review of the Berkeley Suites in Bristol
- Where to stay in Oxford
- Ultimate Travel Guide to Oxford
- 25 Things to do in Oxford – That People Actually Do !
- 3-Day Itinerary for Oxford UK