Often called the “Land of Smiles,” Thailand is a southeast Asia country known for beautiful beaches, delicious cuisine and friendly locals. The capital city of Bangkok is a great jumping-off point for trips into the hills of northern Thailand, or any of the islands and beaches along the Gulf of Thailand or the Andaman Sea.
QUICK THAILAND FACTS
Currency: Thai baht can be withdrawn from ATMs throughout Thailand, however keep in mind that smaller cities or towns may not have access to ATMs and its recommended to withdraw cash and take it with you.
Power Points: Most power points are the same as most other USA power points (2 circular prongs). I would recommend you take a Travel Adapter.
Official Language: The official language of Thailand is Thai.
Health: There are a number of insect-borne diseases and some health concerns in Thailand for travellers. I would recommend that you contact your doctor a few weeks before you travel as in some cases you need to start any medication a few days before your trip or you may need to get a vaccination. The tap water is not generally safe to drink, I would recommend only drinking bottled water.
Articles on Thailand
Looking for a particular destination, see below otherwise you can go to Thailand Travel Guide to view current posts
- Phuket or Krabi – Choosing the Perfect Destination for your Thailand Trip
- 9 Things You Must Do in Thailand
- Loy Krathong Festival
- Our top 10 hot tips on how to barter your way to the best price in Thailand
- A few Common Scams in Thailand
- A Few Things I Miss About Thailand
- 13 of the Best Instagram photos in Thailand & who to follow!
- Bali vs Thailand: Which Should be your Next Travel Destination?
- The Ultimate Diving Guide to Thailand
- Things to do in Phuket – The Ultimate Guide for First Time Visitors
- Private Pool Villas in Phuket from Budget (less than $100) to Luxury Villas (more than $500)
- 10 Authentic Experiences to try in Phuket
- Where to stay in Phuket – Where the party is or calm and relaxed? The Best Places to Stay in Phuket!
- 9 of the Most Amazing Beaches in Phuket for Couples
- Itinerary Suggestion for a Full Day Private Phuket Island Tour
- What to expect in Patong – from Ping pong shows, Lady boys and fabulous shopping
- Where to go shopping in Phuket?
- Phuket Town Markets – Weekend Night Markets
- Three Island Tour Featuring Coral Island
- Phi Phi Island Tour by Speedboat from Phuket
- 48 Hours in Phuket – 2 Day Itinerary
- Luxury Travel Guide to Phuket
- Best gyms in Phuket
- Where to Stay in Koh Samui – Relaxing areas, the Best Beaches and Nightlife Hot spots
- Sailing to Ko Phangan From Koh Samui via Private Yacht
- Fishermans Village Bophut Samui
- 15 Things to do in Koh Samui Thailand
- Best Day trips from Koh Samui
- 19 Things to do in Krabi
- Where to stay in Krabi as a first time visitor
- Best Day Trips from Krabi
- The Ultimate Guide to Krabi
- Where to stay in Chiang Mai
- Budget Guide to Chiang Mai– What To See and Do!
- 6 Things To Do in Chiang Mai
- A Guide to the Top Rooftop Bars and Hottest Restaurants in Bangkok
- Where to Stay in Bangkok – A Complete Guide
- A few romantic things to do in Bangkok for couples
- Historic Tour of Ayutthaya – The Ancient Ruins City
- Strange Sights of Bangkok
- Top 12 Wonderful Things to do in Bangkok
- 14 Bangkok Hotels with Amazing Views
- 48 hours in Bangkok – 2 Day Itinerary
- The Ultimate Guide to Bangkok
- Luxury Travel Guide to Bangkok
- Where to stay in Pattaya – Party Central or Cool Calm and Relaxed
- The Top Secret Beaches in Pattaya, Thailand
- Where to Stay in Koh Lanta – Thailand