Singapore is both a nation and a city located at the tip of the Malaysian Peninsula. Surrounded entirely by water, this island nation is famous for many modern developments like the Marina Bay Sands, Gardens by the Bay, and Changi Airport, which is a major international hub that is frequently rated as the best airport in the world.
QUICK SINGAPORE FACTS
Currency: Singapore dollar can be withdrawn from ATMs throughout Singapore, however keep in mind that smaller cities or towns may not have access to ATMs and its recommended to withdraw cash and take it with you.
Power Points: Singapore generally uses a standard three pronged UK plug. I would recommend you take a Travel Adapter especially for non Australians.
Official Language: The official languages of Singapore are English, Chinese, Malay and Tamil.
Health: There are some health concerns in Singapore for travellers. I would recommend that you contact your doctor a few weeks before you travel as in some cases you need to start any medication a few days before your trip or you may need to get a vaccination. The tap water is generally safe to drink, however, if you are unsure, make sure to ask your hotel receptionist or host.
Articles on Singapore
Looking for a particular destination, see below otherwise you can go to Singapore Travel Guide to view current posts
- Where to Stay in Singapore for First Timers
- 4 Ways to Enjoy Singapore Without Breaking the Bank
- Flight Review – Singapore Airlines Adelaide to Rome return (Singapore stop-over)
- SilkAir Airlines Flight review of Business Class flight from Kalibo to Singapore
- 6 Star Service in Singapore at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
- A Luxury Hotel Review of the First Shangri-La – Singapore
- 5 Budget Things to Do In Singapore
- 18 Things to Do in Singapore for Everyone!
- Ultimate Guide to Singapore
- 14 Fun Things to do in Singapore
- Budget Travel Guide For Singapore