Called the Emerald Isle because it’s so green, Ireland is a beautiful country that shares an island with Northern Ireland, which is part of the United Kingdom. Ireland receives nearly ten million visitors each year who come to experience the fun Irish culture. From the capital city of Dublin, to other cities like Galway, Limerick, and Cork, you have to experience Irish pub culture during your visit. It’s also a beautiful country for road trips, with quaint villages and castles scattered throughout the countryside.
QUICK IRELAND FACTS
Currency: Ireland uses the Euro which can be withdrawn from ATMs throughout Ireland, however keep in mind that smaller cities or towns may not have access to ATMs and its recommended to withdraw cash and take it with you.
Power Points: Most power points are the same as the UK power points (2 circular prongs). Obviously I would recommend you take a Travel Adapter.
Official Language: The official language of Ireland is Irish (Gaeilge).
Health: There are no major health concerns in Ireland for travellers. I would recommend that you contact your doctor a few weeks before you travel as in some cases you need to start any medication a few days before your trip or you may need to get a vaccination. The tap water is generally safe to drink, however, if you are unsure, make sure to ask your hotel receptionist or host.
Articles on Ireland
Looking for a particular destination, see below otherwise you can go to Ireland Travel Guide to view current posts
- Top Of The Morning: Discover Ireland This Summer
- Ireland for All Ages
- Blarney Castle, Kilkenny & Irish Whisky – A 3 day tour with Rabbies
- Best Day Trips from Belfast
- 5 Places Every Foodie Must Visit in Dublin
- 48 hours in Dublin – The Essentials & The Local Gems
- Best Day Trips from Dublin
- Where to stay in Dublin
- Luxury Travel Guide to Dublin
- The Ultimate Travel Guide to Dublin
- Where to stay in Galway
- Luxury Travel Guide to Galway
- 17 Things to do in Galway – That people Actually Do!
- Ultimate Travel Guide to Galway
- Best Day Trips from Galway
- Where to stay in Killarney
- 18 Things to do in Killarney – That People Actually Do!
- Ultimate Travel Guide to Killarney
- Where to stay in Cork
- 18 Things to do in Cork – That People Actually Do!
- Ultimate Travel Guide to Cork