There is so much history in Greece. Nearly everything we study today can be traced back to early Greek civilization. The capital city of Athens has remarkable historic sights that include the Acropolis and the Parthenon, while Greek islands like Santorini and Mykonos conjure images of the blue Agean Sea set against beautiful sand beaches and whitewashed architecture.
QUICK GREECE FACTS
Currency: Greece uses the Euro as their currency which can be withdrawn from ATMs throughout Greece, however keep in mind that smaller cities or towns may not have access to ATMs and its recommended to withdraw cash and take it with you.
Power Points: Most power points are the same as most other European power points (2 circular prongs). Obviously I would recommend you take a Travel Adapter especially for non Europeans.
Official Language: The official language of Greece is Greek.
Health: There are some health concerns in Greece for travellers such as measles, West Nile virus and foodborne diseases, including brucellosis. I would recommend that you contact your doctor a few weeks before you travel as in some cases you need to start any medication a few days before your trip or you may need to get a vaccination. The tap water is generally safe to drink, however, if you are unsure, make sure to ask your hotel receptionist or host – on some Greek islands, the tape water is not drinkable.
Unsure about travelling during COVID? Check out the COVID travel requirements and restrictions for Greece.
Articles on Greece
Looking for a particular destination, see below otherwise you can go to Greece Travel Guide to view current posts
- 5 Incredible Luxury Boutique Hotels in Greece
- Grecian Holiday: Top Destinations You Must Visit In Greece
- 18 Magical Things to do in Athens – Greece Travel Guide
- Where to Stay in Athens
- Ultimate Travel Guide to Athens
- Best Day trips from Athens
- 16 Astonishing Things to do in Santorini – Greece Travel Guide
- Where to stay Santorini
- Ultimate Travel Guide to Santorini
- Best Beaches in Santorini Greece
- Where to stay in Mykonos
- 13 Adventurous Things to Do in Mykonos
- Ultimate Travel Guide to Mykonos
- Best Day Trips from Mykonos