Germany is famous for many things, both good and bad. It’s the largest economy in Europe and has a diverse landscape stretching from the North Sea to the Austrian Alps. The capital city of Berlin, once divided by the Berlin wall, is now a modern cultural destination. In the south, Munich is famous for luxury cars and Oktoberfest. Other important cities include Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Nuremberg, Cologne, and the port city of Hamburg.
QUICK GERMANY FACTS
Currency: Germany uses the Euro as their currency which can be withdrawn from ATMs throughout Germany, however keep in mind that smaller cities or towns may not have access to ATMs and its recommended to withdraw cash and take it with you.
Power Points: Most power points are the same as most other European power points (2 circular prongs). Obviously I would recommend you take a Travel Adapter especially for non Europeans.
Official Language: The official language of Germany is German.
Health: There are no major health concerns in Germany for travellers, however Tick-borne encephalitis is a risk in forested areas, particularly in the states of Bavaria and Baden-Württember. I would recommend that you contact your doctor a few weeks before you travel as in some cases you need to start any medication a few days before your trip or you may need to get a vaccination. The tap water is generally safe to drink.
Articles on Germany
Looking for a particular destination, see below otherwise you can go to German Travel Guide to view current posts
- Explore Berlin On A Budget
- Where to stay in Berlin
- 10 Things to Do In Berlin
- 48 Hours in Berlin – 2 Day Itinerary
- Budget Guide for Berlin
- Best Day Trips from Berlin
- 18 Things to do in Munich – Munich Sightseeing
- Best Day Trips from Munich
- Where to Stay in Munich
- Hotel Review – Sofitel Munich Bayerpost
- 17 Cool Things to do in Frankfurt
- Where to stay in Frankfurt
- Budget travel guide for Frankfurt
- Best Day Trips from Frankfurt
- The Ultimate Travel Guide to Cologne
- Where to stay in Cologne
- 38 Things to do in Cologne – That People Actually Do!
- Where to stay in Heidelberg
- Ultimate Travel Guide to Heidelberg
- 20 Things to do in Heidelberg – That People Actually Do!
- Ultimate Travel Guide to Dresden
- Where to stay in Dresden
- 23 Things to do in Dresden – That People Actually Do!