France is the most visited country in Europe, with nearly 90 million visitors each year. Most come to the capital city of Paris, with the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Arc de Triomphe, and the Champs-Elysee. Other travelers choose to explore the Normandy Coast, the beaches of the French Riviera or the lavender fields of Provence. France shares borders with Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Luxembourg, and Belgium.
QUICK FRANCE FACTS
Currency: France uses he Euro as their currency which can be withdrawn from ATMs throughout France, however keep in mind that smaller cities or towns may not have access to ATMs and its recommended to withdraw cash and take it with you.
Power Points: Most power points are the same as most other European power points (2 circular prongs). Obviously I would recommend you take a Travel Adapter especially for non Europeans.
Official Language: The official language of France is French.
Health: There are no major health concerns in France for travellers, however measles outbreaks have been reported. I would recommend that you contact your doctor a few weeks before you travel as in some cases you need to start any medication a few days before your trip or you may need to get a vaccination. The tap water is generally safe to drink.
Unsure about travelling during COVID? Check out the COVID travel requirements and restrictions for France.
Articles on France
Looking for a particular destination, see below otherwise you can go to France Travel Guide to view current posts
- Travel tips for visiting Paris on a Budget
- The Ultimate List of Things to do in Paris – Beyond the Popular Attractions
- Romantic Things to Do in Paris
- 7 Luxury Travel Tips for Your Paris Trip
- Is a Day Trip from London to Paris via the Eurostar Train worth it?
- Where to stay in Paris – Close to Famous attractions
- 12 the Best Instagram photos in Paris & who to follow!
- Free things to do in Paris
- Budget Travel Guide for Paris
- Luxury Travel Guide for Paris
- The Best Day trips from Paris
- Where to stay in Annecy
- 23 Things to do in Annecy and the Surrounding Areas
- The Ultimate Travel Guide to Annecy