The land of maple syrup and poutine is actually quite diverse. From global cities like Vancouver and Toronto and the dramatic peaks of the Canadian Rocky Mountains to the wide-open plains of central Canada and rocky shores and islands of Canada’s East Coast, there is something for everyone in Canada. Visit Montreal or Quebec for a taste of French culture in North America!
QUICK CANADA FACTS
Currency: Canadian Dollar can be withdrawn from ATMs throughout Canada, however keep in mind that smaller towns may not have access to ATMs and its recommended to withdraw cash and take it with you.
Power Points: Most power points are the same as those used in North and Central America (2 vertical prongs). Obviously I would recommend you take a Travel Adapter.
Official Language: The official language of Canada is French and English.
Health: There are no major health concerns in Canada for travellers however I would recommend that you contact your doctor a few weeks before you travel as in some cases you need to start any medication a few days before your trip or you may need to get a vaccination. The tap water is very safe to drink.
Articles on Canada
Looking for a particular destination, see below otherwise you can go to Canada Travel Guide to view current posts
- 365 Days in Canada – Enjoy the 4 Seasons
- 5 Best Affordable Ski Resorts in Canada
- 5 Things To See And Do In Canada
- First Comes Fall, Second Comes Winter, Then Comes Your Heli Skiing Adventure
- 17 of the Best Instagram photos in Canada & who to follow!
- Luxury Montreal: The Hottest Spots In Montreal
- Where to stay in Montreal
- 10 Cool Things to do in Montreal