You are about to embark on a well-deserved vacation. You have your wardrobes packed, your itinerary down pat, and your hotels and airlines situated. However, there is just one thing that is bothering you – you don’t want to be traveling and not look your best, but which pieces of jewellry are the ones you that you should travel with?
Whether you are going on a ritzy cruise or a jungle safari, if you want to bring along your favorite pieces of jewelry, you want to make sure they arrive at your destination in one piece.
Here is a list of things you can do to arrive at your destination with all of your goods intact.
- Travel Jewellery Case. If you are someone who lives on the road, this is something you must invest in. Search Amazon.com for a “jewellery organizer” and find one with compartments. This will make sure they don’t rub against one another and cause scratching.
- If you lace a necklace through a straw that you would use to drink soda, you’ll ensure they don’t get tangled together. If you need something larger, you can always get a larger straw like a novelty straw, or even wrap them in tinfoil.
- Index Cards. These work very well for earrings. Just make a hole with a hole puncher or safety pin and seal the back with the clasp. You can also use buttons from any shirt in the exact same way.
- Pill Container. These are sold in a variety of sizes, so find one that works with what you want to carry with you and store it safely in the air tight box. Everything will be in one, safe place. You can also use prescription medication bottles in the same manner.
- Find small Tupperware for storing anything bulky. Tupperware is air tight and well made, so you should avoid any damage.
If you are wearing a ring, such as an engagement ring or another piece, make sure you get it insured before going anywhere that would be exotic or dangerous, says Jarrett Abbott of The Diamond Advisors, a website that helps people sift through the difficult process of finding an engagement ring.
“Insurance is a small cost to ensure a ‘big what if’,” noted Jarrett.